Luke's Lids for Kids

Luke's Lids for Kids

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bows, Bows, Bows...Oh My!

I cannot believe that Easter is just around the corner, that means tulips, daffodils, and cherry blossoms are on the way!!  YES!!!  It also means that much of my family is in the midst of changes!  Luke and his wonderful family, are currently on the road to Arlington, VA where they are beginning the next chapter of their lives and we wish them all the best!  My family is also getting ready to move back to Chicago next week and so I am SO very grateful to my sister Kim for picking up the slack in making the hats and headbands this month!  Kim has become an expert in the art of bow-making...seriously adorable headbands are coming out of her house and I am so excited for the kids at Mott's to get them.  I think they are going to be perfect for Easter!

I also want to thank Natalie and Jen from my local MOMS Club for coming over last week for a night of hat-making and wine-drinking!!  It was our  first Luke's Lids "event" and it was so much fun!  It was just nice to have a night of girl talk, even if there was the occasional interruption of "I want Mommy..." from my boys!!



I want to again, thank everyone for all the support of this project!  If you know of a young person going through treatment for cancer, please contact us so we can get them a hat or headband!  If you have an idea for a Luke's Lids event, please contact us because we are always open to new ideas!!  Hope you have a wonderful day and that we continue to be blessed with this beautiful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment