Luke's Lids for Kids

Luke's Lids for Kids

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Another Challenge for Special Days

I am happy to report that last week, we made three donations in a day!  A bag of hats went out to the Ronald McDonald Children's Hospital at Loyola Medical Center, a bag of hats went out to the Cancer Center at Central DuPage Hospital, and box full of hats were mailed out to the Hurley Foundation at Hurley Medical Center.  I think there were about 100 hats and headbands that went out in those packages!

I have an email out to an organization called Jessie Rees Foundation to participate in a program she started called JoyJars, http://www.jessie.org/joyjars/.  This is an organization started by a young woman named Jessie Rees who lost her battle with cancer but has a wonderful legacy living on in her foundation and motto for living "Never Ever Give Up or NEGU".  I am hoping to be able to send out some hats and headbands for them to add to the JoyJars which then get sent out to courage young patients around America.  I am working on getting approval from the board of directors at this time.

I am also working towards being able to send hats to Special Days again, this will mean about 220 total.  I'm thinking about doing bucket hats and bandannas.  Since the kids are outside pretty much all the time during summer camp, I don't want to send headbands, as these are kids who are going through chemotherapy and some may not have hair.  Part of the challenge is creating headware that is both functional but trendy!  I'm open to any and all ideas!!  If you are interested in helping me meet this challenge, I would LOVE to hear from you!

Anyways, hope this Easter was a blessed and joyous one for you all!.  And I hope that this early warm spring is bringing loads of sunshine to your days!!  Thank you again for reading and helping us to keep this project going!!  xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment