Luke's Lids for Kids

Luke's Lids for Kids

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Spring in our Step!

I do believe that spring may finally be here!  Phew, I was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to really come at all!!  Time to see some flowers and plant some gardens!  On a side note, I have a friend who has an amazing non-profit garden organization called GardenWorks and they bring gardens into lives of those who are in need.  It's a wonderful project, check them out on Facebook if you get a chance!

As for Luke's Lids for Kids, we recently donated 43 hats and 90 headbands to 3 area hospitals just in time for Easter.  I have to be honest here, they were pretty much all for girls because I figured little girls need a great bow to go with those beautiful Easter dresses.  I also gave a few hats to a friend who has a friend with a little girl going through treatments for cancer locally.  I'm hopeful she likes them!

I think the next donation we make will be the end of June before the 4th of July and hopefully we will be partner again with Special Days to supply the campers with hats (August 4-17th are the dates).  If you are thinking about donating we will be happy to accept any help!  I'm also thinking I need to do a fundraiser this summer but I haven't quite figured this out yet, I'll let you know once I do.

Once again, just wanted to thank you all for your help and support!  Luke's Lids continues because of the ongoing and often unexpected sources of donations we receive.  My mom reminded me one day that if God didn't want Luke's Lids to continue to do its work then it would've fizzled out a long time ago and instead I continue to be amazed by the email offers of help that I get.  It feels like a blessing, truly!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart and God Bless!  Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment