Luke's Lids for Kids

Luke's Lids for Kids

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Creative juices are a-flowin'!

It has indeed been a while my friends!  With summer now upon us, my boys want to spend most of their time outdoors so it has been hard to get much accomplished!  I did have one fun evening with my friend Tina making hats!  I also had my bow making sister teach me her craft, which I am leaning slowly but surely.  I have to say my bows are not quite as adorable as Kim's but it's a start, right!  My in-laws are in town right now and have graciously donated a box full of beautiful scarves from India for this endeavor, so between those and the hats we have been able to finish, I am ready to make my first donations to Hurley Medical Center and the Ronald McDonald Children's Hospital at Loyola Medical Center.  I do not yet have a tally for the Hurley donation but I have 45 hats and scarves for Loyola.  I'm so excited to get these out to the hospitals and start getting some feedback!

I would like to take a moment to thank a few people...
My good friend Tina - thanks for helping me out and all of your great ideas!
My mother-in -law and my husband's aunt - thanks for all the scarves, I'm sure the girls are going to love them!
My sister Kimi - thanks for teaching me the art of the hair bow!
My friend Lori's mom - thanks for all the hats, you are awesome!

Hopefully your summer is off to a fun and exciting start!  If you are reading this and have any suggestions for hat ideas or know of someone in need of some funky headware, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment